Free Shapefile Viewer Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
Being able to open files on your computer may seem like a simple task but without the proper software tools this could become a tedious task. The Free Shapefile Viewer was created to make it simple for you to be able to open and view the GIS and CAD types of files on your PC.
The Free Shapefile Viewer is an extensive software that allows you to view the types of files that would normally be more difficult to open. With this tool you can easily open more than a dozen types of files such as JPEG, JPEG2000 and even the CIB type of format.
If you want to use the Free Shapefile Viewer on your PC you will be surprised to see how easy this tool is to work with. The graphical user interface was created with the beginner in mind while adding features that even the advanced user would greatly appreciate.
The free AvisMap Viewer opens most GIS/CAD and raster image file types and most ArcView, ArcExplorer, and MapInfo projects. Besides just opening and viewing files, the Viewer supports an extensive list of features including visual layer properties control, legend control, thematic mapping, spatial and attribute querying, custom labeling, on-map measurements, hyper-linking, PDF export and much more.
Because the GIS Viewer is compiled from the AvisMap Map Engine, it provides an easy way to evaluate the AvisMap technology and support for various data formats and common GIS functionality. The free Viewer can be used to generate AvisMap project files that are compatible with any other AvisMap product or custom applications created from the AvisMap GIS Engine.
The AvisMap Desktop product extends the free Viewer by adding an extensive set of features for editing, digitizing, merging, exporting, converting (between formats), building/correcting map topology, etc. GIS shapefile map data.
AvisMap Viewer feature summary:
* Open/read data in the following file formats:
- Raster image: TIFF/GeoTIFF, ECW/ECWP, MrSID, JPEG2000, JPEG, IMG, BMP, BIL/SPOT, PNG, CADRG, CIB,
- Vector: SHP, E00, MIF/MID, TAB, DXF, DGN, TIGER, GML, KML, VPF, GDF, DLG, SDTS, GPX,
Geomedia SQL Server & Access Warehouses, SQL DB Layers: Geomedia SQL Server & Access Warehouse,
per OPENGIS Simple Features for SQL implementation, AvisMap binary
- DTM formats: ESRI ASCII GRID, Surfer ASCII Grid (DSAA), FLOAT GRID, BT, DTED, and ADF
- Georeferenced Images: GeoTIFF, World File, and TAB based
* All formats supported natively, with no importing of data to any internal format
* Open data in many different formats in the same project, with no need for format conversion